That’s an amusing fact. The kernel developers are making sometimes rude comments in their source code. Some Linux commands to highlight the insults used and believe me, it’s very funny.
An example of analysis:
tar jxf linux-*.tar.bz2 && rm -f linux-*.tar.bz2 && cd linux-*
if you count the number of words “fuck”:
grep -Ri “fuck” * | wc -l
For the word “shit”
grep -Ri “shit” * | wc -l
For the word “crap” (same meaning as shit, but more moderate):
grep -Ri “crap” * | wc -l
Or to the word “Bastard”
grep -Ri “bastard” * | wc -l
I selected a few comments for you:
- Fuck, we are miserable poor guys…
- If you fuck with this, update ret_from_syscall code too…
- This card is _fucking_ hot…
- we wouldn’t need this shit
- !!!! THIS IS A PIECE OF SHIT MADE BY ME !!!
- printk(KERN_WARNING PREFIX “Bastard SDC reconfigured loop…
Sort of great art, found only with free software.